MSD has designed this new programme considering our changing academic environment. The programme builds upon the old 2-yr Bachelors Degree (BA, BSc, B.Com) and would enable the students to earn a four year Honours Degree after studying for another two years at the Management Studies Department. The programme is structured after reviewing undergraduate programmes at internationally renowned schools.
In terms of scope, these graduates would compete for the top public & private sector placements as well as be eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme anywhere abroad. The programme would also give us room to upgrade our existing MBA to a post-experience programme and to make it internationally acceptable in due course.
In order to earn the Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Applied Management, the students are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.3. This would be in addition to their existing 2-yr degree which will be accepted for credit transfer and the students will have the necessary credits in the range of 126 – 132 to qualify for a 4 year Honours Degree.
- The first semester of this programme consists of four compulsory courses of 4 credit hours and one of 2 credit hours each offering a total of 18 credit hours.
- A skill building term of 6 credit hours follows focusing on personal productivity tools. This term is of vital importance to the students in the competitive environment where proficient use of information and communication technology is critical. The duration of this term is 5 weeks and it is sandwiched between two semesters.
- The second semester consists of three compulsory courses of 4 credit hours and three of 2 credit hours each offering a total of 18 credit hours.
- This would be followed by semester III which comprises six months of work-based learning. Students also take up to 9 credit hours of courses that match their work placement.
- The final semester comprises of one compulsory course, two electives and a research paper of 4 credit hours each and one compulsory course of 2 credit hours. The maximum total would be 18 credit hours.
The maximum credits offered would be 69 and the minimum required for graduation would be 64.
The following is the curriculum for the programme *
- FIRST SEMESTER: 16 weeks
|Course Code||Course||Credit Hours|
|MGMT-310:||Quantitative Methods for Business||
|MGMT-315:||Elements of Financial & Managerial Accounting||
|MGMT-325:||Marketing Foundations and Applications||
|MGMT-330:||Economics for Business & Management||
- SKILL BUILDING TERM: 5 weeks
• Personal Productivity Tools
- SECOND SEMESTER: 16 weeks
|MGMT-335:||Manufacturing & Service Operations||3|
|MGMT-340:||Fundamentals of Management||3|
|MGMT-355:||Applied Research for Business||3|
|MGMT-360:||Behaviour in Organizations||3|
- THIRD SEMESTER: 6 months
|MGMT-OBL1:||Organization Based Learning 1||6|
|MGMT-OBL2:||Organization Based Learning 1||3|
- FOURTH SEMESTER: 16 week
|MGMT-410:||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT-426:||Marketing of Services||2|
|MGMT-430:||Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management||4|
*Subject to modifications
The summer term is designed to fulfill the credit hour requirement of a bachelors (Hons) degree which is 124-136. This term addresses the requirement of HEC, Pakistan, who suggested the university to offer courses (at least 10 credit hours) for bridging the gap between BA/BSC (under annual system) and BSc (Hons) Applied Management.
BSc (Hons.) Applied Management Fee
The total fee for the programme over two years is approximately Rs.199,000 which will be payable in installments, each installment due before the start of a semester. The fee includes admission fee, development fee, library deposit and tuition fee for the semester.