Offer of Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD scholarships by the Government of Brunei Darussalam for the Session 2011-12 for Pakistani Nationals
|The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, commencing in 2011-12 academic session. Under this program following courses are being offered in various universities of Brunei Drassalam:
- Bachelor Degree (Honors)
- Master Degree
- PhD Degree
- HND (Higher National Diploma)
|The aim of the scholarship award is to provide students, with the opportunity to stay at Universiti Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali [UNISSA] and Institute of Teknologi Brunei [ITB].
- Applicant must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth member countries.
- Must be between the age of 18-25 at the commencement of the academic session / classes, for which they are applying for admission. However, under exceptional case, the age limit requirement may be waived for candidates who are applying for Master & PhD programs.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC / Intermediate for application in Undergraduate Program.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors / or equivalent Degree for application in Master’s Program and PhD Program.
- The applicant must full fill all the field of the Brunei Application Form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates / Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC.
- The applicant must provide Police Clearance Certificate with his application.
|How to Apply
Following points are mentioned, for the purpose to serve as a Glance for the applicants, regarding documents to be attached. For Complete and detailed information applicants are reqruied to visit the linkhttp://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/ and properly go through the requirements of Degree Program and University requirements:
i. Three recent passport size photographs.
ii. Three IBCC and HEC attested / certified copies of academic qualification.
iii. Three copies of Applicants Statement of Purpose (Item 6 on Brunei Application form).
iv. Three certified copies of Birth Certificate and passport.
v. Three copies of Security Vetting / Police Clearance Certificate.
vi. Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
vii. Reference forms must be fulfilled completely, available in Brunei Application Form.
viii. Must fulfil Minimum Entry Requirements of each University and Program in which you are interested to apply.
ix. Language proficiency proof such as IELTS, TOEFL, as per program in which you want to apply. Programs are offered in English, Malay and Arabic Language (See Minimum Entry Requirement of the Program in the specific University)
x. Applications which are not containing any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned on Brunei Darussalam’s Scholarship scheme website will not be entertained. Those applicants, who do not have any of the documents, should NOT apply in this scholarship scheme.
These documents are required by Brunei Darussalam authorities, therefore make sure that any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned at Brunei Darussalam’s Scholarship scheme website(http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/ ) is not missing.
Sending Application Package
- Applicants are required to send Three sets of Brunei Application Form, which can be downloaded from (http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/ )
- Only One Set of HEC Application Form, which can be downloaded from the section Related Documents (at right side).
- Fill the Application forms very neatly, using the capital letters in Black or Blue ink only, if possible with the help of Computer.
- Applications should be sent in Spiral Binding only. The Applications which are not in Spiral Binding will not be accepted.
- Each Application set should be separate. All three application sets should not be binded / attacehd together.
- All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose. A proforma for depositing funds is available atwww.hec.gov.pk/payment
- Attach portion of payment receipt (in Original), of HBL online payment facility of amount Rs. 300/- non-refundable, made in favor of HEC, Islamabad.
- Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agency who would send nomination from Pakistan, hence you should not send application directly to Brunei. Last Date for receipt of application in HEC is on or before 05 December, 2010. Late received applications will NOT be entertained.
- Send completely filled application form, with no documents missing, to the address given below:
Asif Kaleem Malik,
Project Manager (FFSP / BRUNEI)
Higher Education Commission
Note: HEC is only facilitating in the processing of the said scholarship and has no financial liability in this regard.
|Other Related Information
|Universities in Which Programs are Offered:
Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA) and
Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB)
The list of programs offered by each university can be downloaded from Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Scheme’s website, mentioned above.
The Scholarship covers
- Tuition Fees
- Air-tickets by economy class for which the scholar will only be provided on the following occasions:
- From the scholar’s home country to Brunei Darussalam at the commencement of the program
- From Brunei Darussalam to the scholar’s home country after the completion of the program
- Free medical and dental treatment at any Government hospital subject to conditions stipulated by the Ministry of Health.. However there will be administrative charges for every consultation (currently at B$ 3.00), admission to class A1, A2 and A3 wards and charges for certain dental treatment as stated in the schedule 1 Dental Treatment issued by the Ministry of Health.
Other allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND$ 500.00
- Annual Book Allowance of BND$ 600.00
- Baggage Allowance maximum of BND$ 250.00 to ASEAN and BND$ 500 to non ASEAN region
- The scholars is required to sign an agreement with the Brunei Darussalam Government to complete the course of study, failing which he/she will be liable to refund to the Brunei Darussalam Government all expenditures that have been extended on him/her.
|Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other award without the prior approval of the Government of Brunei Darussalam and the awarding body;
- The scholar may not undertake paid employment during the award or serve in the staff of their country’s representative in Brunei Darussalam;
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam will not be responsible for securing employment for the scholar after graduation;
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to asses his / her proficiency in the English Language / Malay language / Arabic Language (where applicable);
- To abide with the rules and regulations of each individual institution;
- Successful applicants are required to undergo medical examination in Brunei Darussalam;
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to terminate the scholarship as recommended by the institutions as they found it deemed to be justifiable;
- Upon completion of the course, graduates are required to return to their home country with immediate effect;
- Successful applicants are recommended / advised to acquire travel and health insurance cover (24 hours cover) at their own expense for the whole duration of their stay here in Brunei Darussalam;
- Successful applicants should get a security clearance from their National Security Agency / Police (clear from civil and criminal record);
- Successful applicants are responsible to deposit an amount of money as determined and required by the immigration Department of Brunei Darussalam before a student pass can be issued upon reporting for enrolment at the offering institution.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a Certificate of Medical Fitness from a registered medical practitioner to the Scholarships Section at the address given in paragraph 9. An award will only be confirmed / granted upon producing certificate of medical fitness. All charges for medical expenses to be borne by the applicant concerned.