CONSOLIDATED ADVERTISEMENT NO 07/2011
COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION - 2011
SR.NO.29 (CASE NO. 01–EX/2011) THE COMMISSION WILL HOLD COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2011 ON ALL PUNJAB OPEN MERIT BASIS AT LAHORE.
NOTE: The number and nature of Posts may be increased or decreased under instructions of the Government before the commencement of interviews.
1. ALLOCATION: All Punjab basis.
2. NAME OF POST WITH NO. OF POSTS:
i) PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE (BS-17),
Services & General Administration Department.
66 POSTS (57 MERIT, 06 DISABLED AND 03 MINORITIES).
ii) EXCISE & TAXATION OFFICER (BS-17),
Excise & Taxation Department.
06 POSTS. (Temporary likely to be made permanent)
iii) ASSISTANT DIRECTOR LOCAL FUND AUDIT (BS-17),
Punjab Finance Department/Punjab Local Fund Audit Department.
21 POSTS (INCLUDING 01 POST RESERVED FOR MINORITIES)
3. ELIGIBILITY: Both Male & Female candidates citizens of Pakistan domiciled in any district of the Province of Punjab.
4. QUALIFICATION: Graduate (Second Division) from a recognized university.
5. AGE: 21 to 28 years on 1st January 2011. In the case of officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Federal Government who are domiciled in the Punjab as well as the official serving in connection with the affairs of the Punjab Government having at least 4 years service as such the upper age limit shall be 35 years and the concession in upper age limit under Punjab Civil Servants recruitment (relaxation in upper age limit) rules, 1976 shall also be admissible.
Note: Column No. 16 (Vii) of the instructions to the candidates of Application Form is deleted, as the Government of the Punjab has amended the Punjab Civil Servants Recruitment (Relaxation of Upper age limit) Rules, 1976 and the upper age limit for the Government servants serving in connection with the affairs of Federal Government as well as Punjab Government the age limit for both categories having 04 years service shall not exceed 35 years.
6. REMAINING PRECONDITIONS: The cut off date for determining the eligibility as far as age is concerned shall be the 1st January 2011. However, the candidate must fulfil and complete all other pre-conditions/qualifications for the examination as given in thisadvertisement, the application form and Instructions to Candidates on or before the closing date and attach attested copies of all the certificates required under the application form. The candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of psychological assessment and interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
7. NUMBER OF CHANCES: Only three chances are allowed to a candidate to appear in the Combined Competitive Examination. The chances availed by candidates for PMS and previously held examinations for Ex-PSS/Ex-PCS shall count towards the total number of chances availed for the examination of PMS.
8. SUBJECT & SYLLABUS: The examination will be conducted in the following six compulsory subjects and three optional subjects. Detail of the papers are given below:-
|Written Examination: (Six Papers) Compulsory Total 600 Marks
(Three Papers) Optional Total 600 Marks
|(1)||English Essay (An essay on one of the several specified topics)||(Subjective)||100 Marks|
(This paper is intended to test the ability of the candidates in functional English comprising précis writing, translation from Urdu into English, composition and usage of idioms).
(Paper of Urdu (Compulsory) will comprise ofEssay Writing, Precis, Explanation of Poetic Verses, Translation from English, Idioms and their usage.)
Ethics (For Non-Muslims Candidates)
|(Combination of both Subjective & Objective)||100 Marks|
|(5)||Pakistan Studies||(Combination of both Subjective & Objective)||100 Marks|
|(6)||General Knowledge||(Objective)||100 Marks|
|(7)||Psychological Test and Interview||200 Marks|
i) Negative marking will be done and 0.25 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in the MCQ type paper of general knowledge.
ii) Non-Muslims candidates have the option either to attempt paper on Islamic Studies or “Ethics” (Combination of both Subjective & Objective).
iii) All the candidates shall take all the compulsory subjects and three of the optional subjects. (not more than one from each group) from the following groups:
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
|Group & Sr. No.||Subjects||Marks|
|12.||Principle of Engineering||200|
* The minimum standard for the question papers will be of graduate level.
a). A candidate must secure 33% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Qualifying candidates must also secure 50% marks in the interview to be finally successful.
b) No. change/addition/deletion/alteration of optional subjects mentioned at the time of submission of application form will be made and no further representation will be entertained. Subsequent change in the selection of optional subjects shall not be allowed.
c) Wrongly filled/incomplete mentioned optional subjects in the application forms will be rejected.
d) Change in the priority/selection of examination centres shall not be allowed.
e) Attested copies of following documents must be attached with the application form.
All educational certificates such as Matric/Intermediate/B.A. etc. Valid certificate of Domicile indicating domicile of the candidate in any district of the Punjab Province issued by the Authorized Officer or District Coordination Officer and copy of Valid Computerized National Identity Card. One latest passport size photograph (for male and female candidates) attested by a Government officer of BS-16 or above who should give his/her full name and designation and affix his/her stamp and signatures.
f) Incomplete, wrongly filled in and unsigned applications will be rejected summarily.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates will be admitted to the written examination/test provisionally at their own risk subject to their being found eligible in all respects. On detailed scrutiny of the applications of the candidates declared successful in the written examination/test, if any candidate is found ineligible in any respect under rules, his/her candidature will be cancelled regardless of the fact whether he/she appeared in the written examination/test or qualified therein. To avoid frustration, the candidates are advised in their own interest to make sure before appearing in the examination that they fulfil all the requirements of the rules, relating to the examination.
CANDIDATES MUST READ AND FOLLOW “INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES” ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM
PRESCRIBED APPLICATION FORMS WITH DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ARE OBTAINABLE FROM NATIONAL BANK OF PAKISTAN, MAIN BRANCH NEAR G.P.O. MALL ROAD, LAHORE, NBP LAHORE CANTT, NBP ALLAMA IQBAL TOWN, LAHORE, NBP MODEL TOWN, LAHORE OR NBP CHEST BRANCHES AT DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVELS WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF THE PUNJAB OR COMMISSION’S OFFICES AT:-
a) Punjab Public Service Commission, 2-Agha Khan (Davis) Road, Lahore.
b) Regional Office of Punjab Public Service Commission, House No.613, Street No.8,
Chaklala Scheme No.3, Rawalpindi, Tel: 051-9280325. Fax: 051-5505737.
c) Regional Office of Punjab Public Service Commission, Bungalow No. 3-5/E, Abid Avenue Officers Colony Bosan Road Multan. Tel: 061-6510601, 6510602, Fax: 061-6510603.
d) By sending a self addressed large size envelope to the Punjab Public Service Commission Office at Lahore affixed with postage stamps of Rs.30/- alongwith a photocopy of the Treasury Receipt of Rs.700/- Application Fee issued by the Bank.
After depositing application fee of Rs.700/- under head:
“C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-EXAMINATION FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION”
N.B: PMS Syllabus can be seen at website of PPSC.
Hard copy of the syllabus can also be obtained from the Head Office of PPSC at 2-AGHA KHAN (DAVIS) ROAD, Lahore and the Regional Offices at Rawalpindi and Multan by submission of a photo-copy of receipt of application fee.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
A. THE APPLICATIONS ON THE PRESCRIBED FORMS MUST REACH THE SECRETARY, PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, 2-AGHA KHAN
(DAVIS) ROAD, LAHORE OR PPSC, REGIONAL OFFICES, RAWALPINDI AND MULTAN BY HAND OR BY MAIL ON OR BEFORE 25-04-2011 AT 3:OO P.M.
B. NO EXTRA TIME IS ALLOWED FOR POSTAL TRANSIT, ETC.